Full course description
This course focuses on skills relevant to the world of work i.e. your employability skills (but you will also find them useful to your studies). Enhance your written and spoken communication skills: understanding job adverts and company requirements, writing cover letters and CVs, improving your accuracy and proof-reading skills, report writing skills, presentation skills, team work skills (negotiating, cross-cultural communication, problem-solving) and more.
- To enable students to communicate more effectively in professional environments and enhance employability prospects.
The course will include the following:
- Intercultural communication skills
- Understanding and responding to job advertisements
- CV targeting, application forms and personal profile writing
- Interview techniques
- Team-working and negotiating skills
- Giving presentations and developing personal impact skills
- Report writing skills
- Techniques for editing and proof-reading for clarity and accuracy