Full course description
These courses aims to help students develop their assignment writing skills with emphasis on planning, organising and writing a range of academic texts related to your HSCE degree programme.
Currently there are courses for BA Social Work, MA Social Work, BA Working with Children and Young People and PG Nursing. Scheduling for these courses is through your Course/Programme Director.
- To structure and write essays, reports and other HSCE assignment types effectively
- To evaluate and use sources and research in your writing
- To produce texts which are coherent, cohesive and with a clear argument
The course will include the following:
- The academic assignment
- Critical reading and thinking skills
- Paragraphs to text
- Introductions & conclusions
- Presenting and supporting an opinion
- Summarising and paraphrasing
- In-text citation & preparation of bibliographies
- Developing accuracy - techniques for editing & proof-reading
- Academic style and developing your style