Full course description
This course aims to help PG Music students develop their assignment writing skills with emphasis on planning, organising and writing a range of academic texts.
This term the focus will be on Annotated Bibliographies.
- To structure and write your annotated bibliography (and essays, reports and other assignment types) effectively
- To evaluate and use sources and research in your writing
- To produce texts which are coherent, cohesive and with a clear argument
The course will include the following:
- Critical reading and thinking skills
- Presenting and supporting an opinion
- Summarising and paraphrasing
- In-text citation & preparation of bibliographies
- Academic style